Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

An Introduction

So, this is my first post on my new beauty, fashion, DIY and hair blog, Matte & Metal.

I'm sure we all have a few questions butting about here, so I figured I'd address a few first!

Who am I? I am Emily. I'm a 19 year old gap-year student, counting down the last 4 months until I travel to Essex University to study BSc in Genetics! I'm 5'2, and a UK 14. I am missing over half my hair due to alopecia and trichitillomania, but that won't stop me.

What's this blog about? Everything in my life to do with make-up, beauty, skincare, fashion, DIY and hair! I'll be posting hauls, reviews, swatches, designs, my mashed-together DIY clothing attempts, what I'm wearing today and whatever else I can!

Why 'Matte and Metal?'
I run a few other blogs, and asked on the one with a fair few followers if they could come up with a decent name with metal at the end, and this came about! Also, M&M was my nickname in school for the most part.

Describe your style: My style's a little all over the place. I wear a lot of black, shirts, leather jackets and Doc Marten's. I take a lot of my influence from 90's grunge inspired high fashion, although I have to do it on a tight budget! My mum once described my style as 'Fashionably Metal', so I guess we can go with that!

I'm pretty sure that's all for now, if you have any questions,come ask me on Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment